GEO PACKAGING SYSTEMS: IN-LINE THERMAL TRANSFER PRINTERS
THE GEO "PLUS" AND "PLUS II" IMPRINTERS
An affordable, high quality printing system for your in-line package printing needs!
From the innovators of in-line thermal transfer printing comes a proven imprinter that can provide your packaging operation with an easy-to-use and durable way of placing any type of information or graphics on the bag at the point of packaging .
Geo printers are designed to work with any brand of Vertical F/F/S, C-Fold, or Bag-On-A-Roll auto baggers. Just a few of the packaging equipment brands Geo printers are currently used in conjunction with include: Rennco, Batching Systems, System Packaging, Hayssen, and Audion Automation. The Plus II can also be used on older and newer bagger models manufactured by APS, Advanced Poly, and Sharp Packaging.
Read on to discover how a Geo Printer can benefit your packaging operation:
-Provides a crisp, dark, and durable image printed at high speeds. The imprint requires no drying time, allowing the package to be handled immediately.
-The digital technology makes it possible to print anything on the package including graphics, company logos, time & date info, lot codes, bar codes, variable data, true type fonts, Etc.
- Label changes are quick and easy. There is no need to spend down time changing plates or rolls of packaging film- a few clicks of a mouse and a new label is downloaded instantly to the printer.
- By printing directly on the film, thermal transfer eliminates the need to have an extra person on the packaging line to place a pre-printed label on the package- an expensive and labor-intensive process. Direct package printing saves money and increases productivity.
- Reduces the need to keep large amounts of pre-printed films in inventory to cover the wide range of products being packaged.
- Because in-line thermal transfer printing occurs during the filling operation, the printed information can be tailored to fit the specific item being packaged. On-the-fly label changes can be made in seconds. No need to change rolls of film whenever the product changes.
- Individual packages can have unique and variable information printed on them such as mailing addresses, time stamps, etc.
The Geo printer also contains a universal electronic interface that can communicate with any packager through a single cable that is wired to the PLC or mechanical relays in the packaging equipment.
Ease of Use
The Geo printing system uses a thermal print head and specially formulated ribbons to place a printed image directly on the surface of various flexible packaging films.
The printhead contains a single row of miniature heating elements that are strobed on and off very rapidly as the ribbon and film is driven past the platen roller. The heat from these elements transfers or "melts" the ink from the ribbon backing onto the packaging film's surface. This entire process occurs in milliseconds and the ink is already cured by the time the package leaves the printer. The result is a precise, durable image that can be repeated over and over again to print a single package or thousands of duplicate packages.
The Geo printing system is extremely versatile because it can print on a wide variety of flexible packaging films like polyethylene, polypropylene, Tyvek, metallized polys, and pre-inked surfaces. Dozens of ribbon formulations are available to fit the exact specifications needed for any application.
Since the Geo printing system utilizes digital technology, there are no limitations when it comes to printing designs and information on the package including bar codes, text, custom graphics, logos, nutrition panels, real-time and database data.
See Printer Options.
to download PLUS
II brochure in pdf format*